Category: Firefox

  • Why Fluent Matters for Localization

    In case you don’t know what Fluent is, it’s a localization system designed and developed by Mozilla to overcome the limitations of the existing localization technologies. If you have been around Mozilla Localization for a while, and you’re wondering what happened to L20n, you can read this explanation about the relation between these two projects.…

  • Localizing BBCodeXtra

    If you never noticed the menu item in this blog, I’m the developer of a small add-on for Firefox called BBCodeXtra: it’s an extension, started about 10 years ago, that makes posting on forums and other places (e.g. GitHub) a little less painful. This extension, currently at version 0.4.1, is localized in 16 languages: de,…

  • Summit 2013 planning assembly: a wonderful begin

    Note: this is a guest post from Iacopo Benesperi, a fellow Mozillian from the Italian community. This week-end took place in Mozilla’s Paris office the Summit 2013 planning assembly: a gathering of about 65 people from all around the world and representing all areas of the Mozilla project, with both paid staff and volunteers, aimed…

  • Once upon a time there was a string freeze… pt.2

    Since it probably looks like my favorite hobby is whining without a reason, let’s check what happened so far (always an optimist…) in this cycle. Broken strings in Mozilla Beta Bug 797036 – Update updater strings and icon Bug 803344 – poor discoverability of the enable/disable menu item for Social API Landing strings in Beta means that…

  • Chrome Ads

    Website of the most popular newspaper in Italy, this morning. First reaction: install AdBlock Plus. I’m not really sure if that was the original aim of this unobtrusive and classy ad 🙂 Technorati Tags: chrome,

  • 1 Billion

    Canon EOS 40D, Canon 17-40mm ƒ4, tripod Not completely satisfied with the final result (too many pins and not enough time), but here we go, celebrating 1 billion download of Firefox 🙂 Technorati Tags: firefox, billion

  • 30,000,000 downloads and counting

    I’ve just finished reading Asa’s post and I took a look at the real-time stats. Just curious: why Italy disappeared from this table? It should be somewhere near Spain… Technorati Tags: firefox, downloads

  • Firefox 3.5 Party in Milan

    Great fun and wonderful people 🙂 As usual, the entire set of photos of the Italian Firefox 3.5 Party is on Flickr. Technorati Tags: firefox 3.5 party, mozilla italia

  • Funny Microsoft

    Since the ie8-only contest wasn’t enough, take a look at this shameless browser comparison (and read the explanations). Seriously, I think that the author of that page doesn’t even really know what Firefox and Chrome look like… (thanks to Tiziano for sharing this) Technorati Tags: microsoft, browser comparison

  • Another Firefox Wallpaper

    Canon EOS 40D, Canon 17-40mm ƒ4, tripod If you like it, there’s a whole set on Flickr 😉 Technorati Tags: fotografia, firefox wallpaper, mozilla wallpaper